Lady Of Patience

I recently had to babysit and while I enjoy children-I LOVE kids and babies, I realized that they require ALL of your time, attention and love. I’m not selfish, but I learned that you have to either balance it all or devote your time and attention to one thing(goal) or the other(family).

I was online checking on my class schedule and the baby wanted to play, while his sister was searching for attention. My focus had to shift into them and discipline the older one, while playing with the baby. When older children know they can get away with certain things because a baby is around, they do it! needless to say, all it took was sternness and the oldest one straightened up and knew I meant business.

This situation also reminded me of being patient and how things work together for OUR GOOD, in God’s timing. God knows what He is doing and not that I’m trying to be, but if He were to make me a parent right now, I would be calling my poor mom every 30mins, worrying her and unprepared at all for what’s happening and I would be depressed...Just in a messy state!

What I read in Lady In waiting(Jackie Kendall & Debby Jones) about being a Lady Of Patience came to mind:

  • Many Godly women have waited and won
  • Ruth was a wonderful example of a Lady of Patience.  Ruth did not allow her circumstances or lack of male companionship to cause her to be impatient. 
  • Instead, she concentrated on developing companionship with her heavenly Father who chose to let Him bring a husband to her if he saw fit
  • Society pushes single women to grab for marriage because of male shortage
  • The world is attacking a single woman’s confidence as the enemy discourages her hopes through fear
  • Every date is a potential mate
  • There are grave consequences for the single woman who does not choose to develop patience and wait on God’s timing.
  • Some end in divorce
  • Others end in an emotional separation that causes the husband and wife to merely live under the same roof.
  • Some leave precious children damaged by the insecurity and fear that an unhealthy marriage produces
Children will often follow their Father’s example(Exodus 34:7)

There are many things you can do to stay busy and keep from becoming impatient


God knows what is best and His timing is PERFECT

My hat goes off to ALL mothers. I have a mentee but I’m not always around her:-)

Be BLESSED,
Tiffany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impatience

Hard Times

These People